Non-Emergency Calls(902) 629-4172
Police Headquarters10 Kirkwood Drive
ConstablesWe are actively looking for individuals who are motivated to provide a high standard of policing in Charlottetown. If you have a desire to serve this community, and have the requisite abilities, look into
an exciting and challenging career with Charlottetown Police Services!
In order to qualify for appointment as a permanent,
part time, or casual police officer with the Charlottetown Police Services, a person shall:
- Have reached the full age of nineteen years;
- Be a Canadian citizen, or have Landed Immigrant Status;
- Be a graduate, within the preceding five years, of the Atlantic Police Academy, Police Technology Training Program or a graduate of a comparable training institute recognized by the Attorney General of PEI;
- OR, Has served a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory full time service as a sworn member of any police force, in Canada, provided such service was terminated not more than two (2) years prior to the date of the appointment; and
- Not have been found guilty or convicted of an
offence under the Criminal Code of Canada, the Narcotic Control Act,
the Food and Drugs Act, or the Controlled Drug and Substances Act, or
if found guilty or convicted shall have received a pardon.
Are you a community-minded, value based individual interested in working in a municipal policing environment? If so, then see what opportunities are available as a regular or auxiliary civilian employee with the Charlottetown Police Services.
Civilian employment opportunities with the CPS include:
- Police Dispatch;
- Records Management; and
- Crossing Guard Duty
The City of Charlottetown is an equal opportunity employer.