File: 2022 169486
Charlottetown Police Services Street Crime Unit, with the assistance from the Rapid Tactical Deployment Unit and Patrol Officers executed a Controlled Drugs and Substance Act Search Warrant at a residence on Kensington Road yesterday.
The Rapid Tactical Deployment Unit used tear gas during entry to ensure the safety of the occupants and Officers. Police had information that the suspect had firearms in the residence and that entry doors were fortified.
The search resulted in the seizure of:
- 235 grams of crystal meth
- 141 grams of cocaine
- 2668 tablets of speed (methamphetamine)
- 1068 tablets of hydromorphone
- Street value of drugs is approximately $99,000.00 dollars
- $6400.00 cash
- three (3) loaded firearms
- seven (7) replica airsoft/bb guns
- bear spray and numerous knives
- four (4) digital scales, an automated money counter and other packaging materials
A 39 year old Charlottetown male will been charged with several counts of possession of drugs for the purpose of trafficking, several firearm related charges and breach of a weapons prohibition order.
The accused remains in custody and will appear before the court later today for a remand hearing.