Charlottetown Police Services is reminding the public to be extra careful while on the roads Sunday evening as many “trick or treaters” will be out in full force.
Our mascot Copper will also be out handing out treats.
Police are also reminding everyone that the City curfew is 8:00pm.
Here are a few safety tips for Halloween night.
- Avoid costumes made of flammable materials and long trailing fabrics.
- Chose properly fitting costumes and footwear.
- Weapons or Accessories shouldn’t look too real and should be made of flexible material that cannot cause harm.
- Ensure your mask doesn’t limit your vision or try using face paint instead of a mask.
- Dress for the weather.
- Try to trick-or-treat while it’s light out.
- Attach reflective tape or glow sticks.
- Wear bright and visible costumes.
- Carry a flashlight or glow stick.
- Travel in groups.
- Young Children should always be accompanied by an adult.
- Discuss and plan a route and where to meet after.
- Stay on sidewalks, cross at intersections, and look both ways before crossing.
- Do not enter the home of a stranger.
- Do not approach homes that are unlit or undecorated.
- Carry a cell phone in case of emergencies, but don’t let it distract you!
- Ensure all candy is inspected and tested by an adult.