Other Serious Crimes
Anyone with any information regarding any serious crimes listed on this page are asked to contact us at 902-629-4172 and reference the file number listed. Your help in any of these crimes are appreciated.
Robbery 4 C’s Convenience Store- 266 St Peters Road
File# 09 – 682755 – On Sunday, June 21, 2009 at approximately 8:50 pm a lone male suspect entered the 4 C’s convenience store located at 266 St Peters Road, Charlottetown. The suspect approached the lone female cashier while holding a knife and demanded money from the female cashier. The female cashier gave the money (undisclosed) to the male suspect who then fled the store. The male suspect was last seen running eastbound towards Northridge Parkway. Police were able to recover surveillance video coverage of the male suspect who is described as follows;
- 25-30 yrs
- Brown hair
- Thin tanned face with growth of facial hair. (2-3 day stubble)
- Wearing a blue and white ball cap, grey “ hoodie” jacket, jeans and brown gloves.
If you have information about this crime contact, Detective Cst David Flynn at 902-629-4172 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-TIPS.
Aggravated Assault- 145 Upper Prince Street
File# – 06-1089576 – On Sunday, September 10th, 2006 between 1:00 am and 1:30 am a male suspect entered an apartment at 145 Upper Prince. The male suspect entered the apartment and violently assaulted the lone female resident (age 67). The male suspect fled the apartment after the female resident fought back. The female resident was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for treatment of multiple injuries.
Robbery – Tim Horton’s St. Peters Rd
File# 08-331069 – At 3:15 a.m., 29 Mar 2008, Police received a call from a female employee stating that a man just walked up to the drive-thru window and offered up a roll of quarters, he then pulled out a knife and demanded the cash drawer. The clerk passed the drawer through the window and the man fled on foot with a small amount of cash.
The suspect is described as six feet tall, approximately 25 years old, unshaven, wearing jeans, beige fleece sweatshirt with gray hooded sweater and sneakers.
The K-9 unit was called to the scene, and tracked the suspect for a while but later lost the trail on Longworth Ave.
Home Invasion – Mount Edward Road
File# 04-2220 – On the 1st day of April 2004, in the late evening two masked males forced entry into a home occupied by a male and female senior located on Mt. Edward Rd., Charlottetown. Both males were brandishing firearms and demanded money. Description of males is as follows;
- Suspect #1 – White male, short, wearing a ski mask and gloves, grey sweat pants, dark top, eye glasses and carrying a handgun
- Suspect #2 – White male, tall, wearing a ski mask and gloves, black splash pants with torn leg, dark sweater and carrying a rifle.
Suspects retained a quantity of cash from female, ransacked the dwelling looking for further cash, and fled scene after male senior faking a heart attack.
Home Invasion – Brackley Point Road
In the early morning hours of December 2, 1999, two men wearing ski masks forced their way into the residence on Brackley Point Road in Charlottetown. The elderly victim who was awaken by the noise of the break-in was soon confronted in his bedroom by the men who demanded money. The victim was assaulted and the two made off with a large amount of money. Investigators believe the culprits may have known the victim.
- Suspect #1 – White male, short, wearing a ski mask and gloves
- Suspect #2 – White male, tall, wearing a ski mask and gloves
Serial Arson – Downtown
File# 88-1635 – Charlottetown Police Services believe a serial arsonist was responsible for setting at least 14 fires between March 1987 – April 1988. These cases remain unsolved and police are asking for the public’s assistance. The following is a list of fire locations and dates:
- Canada Packers, Grafton St. East – 29 March 1987
- Lindy’s Bottle Exchange – 1 May 1987
- Rochford Street School – 17 July 1987
- C&G Autobody at 34 Esher St – 21 Aug 1987
- Shed at 143 Euston St – 28 August 1987
- Shed at 63 Upper Prince St – 9 September 1987
- Club House, Victoria Park – 18 September 1987
- Shed at 69 Upper Prince St – 5 October 1987
- Shed at 71 Upper Prince St – 9 October 1987
- Clubhouse, Victoria Park – 20 October 1987
- CNR Repair Shop, Water St – 19 November 1987
- Barn at 132 Water St – 20 November 1987
- Canada Packers, Grafton St. East – 24 March 1988
- Barn at 59 Summer St – 7 April 1988