File Number: 20181693988
Charlottetown Police Services Street Crime Unit have laid charges in connection to multiple theft files.
Investigators were called to the Bell Aliant Centre on November 13th in relation to someone stealing an ATM machine. The investigation led to the identification of the suspect, whom was also a suspect in several other theft files within the City.Yesterday the suspect was located and arrested. The accused, a 38 Charlottetown man, has been charged with:
- 334(a) Theft over $5000 – 1 count
- 334(b) Theft under $5000 – 4 counts
- 430(1) Mischief under $5000 – 1 count
- 742.6 Breach of a Conditional Sentence Order – 1 count
- 733.1 Breach of Probation – 5 counts
- 145(3) Fail to comply with an Undertaking given to a Justice of the Peace – 5 counts
Other investigations are ongoing and further charges are expected.
The accused has been remanded in custody and will appear in Provincial Court Thursday at 10am.