With the warmer weather upon us, theft from vehicles has become more frequent.
Charlottetown Police Services are reminding residents to take some precautions that will reduce their risk of becoming victims to this type of crime.
• Always lock your vehicle doors
• Remove all valuables from inside
• Never leave the car keys in the vehicle. Many newer vehicles come with a push start button requiring a fob, never leave the fob in the vehicle.
• If you have video surveillance, ensure it is in good working condition to assist in identifying the suspect
• Immediately report to Police any suspicious activity
The public can view occurrences by going to the “Incident Map” link on the bottom of the website page or by clicking https://charlottetownpolice.com/property-crime-map
Anyone with information regarding these crimes may contact police at 902-629-4172, complete the tip section below or contact PEI Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Submit a Tip
Do you have information that can help us solve this file? Leave a tip below. If you wish to remain anonymous, only fill out the information area. If you add your contact name, email or phone number, you may be contacted by an Officer to discuss the information you provided.