With the warmer weather upon us, theft from vehicles has become more frequent.
Charlottetown Police Services are reminding residents to take some precautions that will reduce their risk of becoming victims to this type of crime.
• Always lock your vehicle doors
• Remove all valuables from inside
• Never leave the car keys in the vehicle. Many newer vehicles come with a push start button requiring a fob, never leave the fob in the vehicle.
• If you have video surveillance, ensure it is in good working condition to assist in identifying the suspect
• Immediately report to Police any suspicious activity
The public can view occurrences by going to the “Incident Map” link on the bottom of the website page or by clicking https://charlottetownpolice.com/property-crime-map
Anyone with information regarding these crimes may contact police at 902-629-4172, complete the tip section below or contact PEI Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).