Charlottetown Police Services have laid several charges in relation to stolen credit cards (stolen from unlocked vehicles) and used at several City businesses.
The investigations have led to the arrest of a 35 year old Charlottetown male. The male was arrested early this morning and remains in custody awaiting a remand hearing scheduled for later today. The accused has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Trespass at Night
- Fraudulent use of a Credit Card
- Breach of Probation (3 counts)
The accused also has 7 other pending charges before the courts.
With the warmer weather upon us, Police would like to remind the public to be proactive and practice a few preventative steps in curbing theft from vehicles:
- Do not leave any valuables such as wallets, purses, electronics and vehicle keys inside your vehicle, even when locked
- Always lock you vehicle doors