File: 2021 249818
Charlottetown Police Services Street Crime Unit, with the assistance from the Rapid Tactical Deployment Unit and Patrol Officers executed a Controlled Drugs and Substance Act Search Warrant at a residence on Hillsborough Street yesterday.
The search resulted in the seizure of:
- 120 grams of crystal meth (approximate street value of $18,000 dollars)
- 251 tablets/capsules of various prescription pills such as hydromorphone, Ritalin, Alprazolam and Zolpidem.
- 109 grams of cannabis
- $7900.00 cash
- Replica firearm and machete
- Scale and other packaging materials
A 27 year old female and a 34 year old male, both from Charlottetown have been charged with:
- 5 counts of CDSA 5(2) Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of a weapon
- Breach of Probation
Both appeared in court this morning and have been remanded in custody and will appear in Provincial Court at a later date.