Charlottetown Police Services have made an arrest in connection to several property crime files within the City.
At approximately 9:30 am yesterday morning (Aug 11), members of the Street Crime Unit located and arrested a 32 year old Charlottetown male. He has been charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime (x6 counts)
- Breach of probation (x6 counts)
- Misuse of a credit card (x4 counts)
Over the last month, it’s alleged that the accused used stolen credit cards that were stolen out of unlocked vehicles and then used at local businesses to purchase items using the tap feature on the credit card.
The accused has been remanded in custody and will appear in Provincial Court at a later date.
A lot of these crimes can be prevented by:
- Locking your vehicle doors
- Remove valuables such as wallets, purses, electronics and sporting equipment.