At approximately 1:00 am Thursday morning (Aug 17, 2023), Charlottetown Police Services Street Crime Unit with the assistance of Patrol Officers executed a Controlled Drug and Substance Act Search Warrant at a residence on Doncaster Avenue.
The search resulted in the seizure of:
- approximately 1.4 kilograms of cocaine
- approximately 700 dilaudid pills
- a quantity of crystal methamphetamine
- 3600.00 dollars cash
- airsoft firearm and bear spray
- cell phones
- other drug paraphernalia
Two males and one female were arrested. A 34 year old Charlottetown male was charged with CDSA 4(1), possession of drugs and was released from custody shortly after.
A 33 year male and a 32 year old female, both from Charlottetown, were charged with the following offenses and have been remanded in custody until their next Provincial Court appearance at 1:15 pm on Monday August 21st, 2023.
- CDSA 5(2) – Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- CDSA 5(2) – Possession of hydromorphone for the purpose of trafficking
- CDSA 5(2) – Possession of crystal methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking
- CCC 88(1) – Possession of a weapon (airsoft firearm) for dangerous purposes
- CCC 88(1) – Possession of a weapon (bear spray) for dangerous purposes
- CCC 267(a) – Assault Police Officer
The Officer that was sprayed did not require medical attention.
If you have any information about drug activity in Charlottetown, the Street Crime Unit would like to hear from you. You may report this information anonymously to a member of the SCU by calling our main line at 902-629-4172.