Charlottetown Police Services conducted several Road Safety Check Points on St Patrick’s Day.
Charlottetown Police Services conduct these checkpoints in an effort to improve road safety by preventing and deterring motorists from drinking and driving. Impaired driving is one of the leading causes of death related to motor vehicle collisions and is preventable by planning ahead.
Check Points were conducted at four (4) separate locations: Malpeque Rd, St. Peters Rd., Grafton St. and Water St.
- 6 charges were laid under the Highway Traffic Act
- 1 male driver was issued a 7 day driving suspension after providing a breath sample that resulted in a warning.
- Several other drivers provided breath samples but passed
- 2 drivers were charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle during the weekend
- 1 driver may be charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle by drug pending toxicology test results