In response to the spike in property crimes reported to the media last week, Charlottetown Police Services Patrol Officers with the assistance of the Street Crime Unit have made several arrests and laid numerous charges. The arrests are all unrelated to each other.
- 6 male (ages range 23 to 48) repeat Offenders have been arrested
- a total of forty two (42) charges have been laid
- these 6 Offenders have a combined criminal record of 262 convictions
- one (1) offender was currently serving a weekend sentence from a previous conviction
- one (1) offender was just released from jail on September 12th.
Three of the accused have been remanded in custody until all matters are dealt with. The other three are currently in custody and will appear in court tomorrow morning for a show cause hearing.