The Citizen Police Academy (CPA) involves a commitment of one evening per week from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm (three hours) for 12 weeks. Week 12 is a graduation ceremony.
A maximum of 20 participants will be enrolled per session.
The Citizen Police Academy will take place in the community room of the Charlottetown Police Academy located at 10 Kirkwood Drive, Charlottetown.
>p>There is no cost for enrollment.
What is the Citizen Police Academy?
The Citizen Police Academy (CPA) is an unique opportunity for individuals with an interest in modern policing issues to acquire knowledge on police issues, practices and operations in the City of Charlottetown. Topics discussed will include:
- A Day in the Life of a Police Officer
- Community Policing
- Crime Scene Forensics
- Child Protection
- Major Crime Investigation
- The illicit Drug Trade
- Fraud and Technology
- Traffic and Accident Reconstruction
- OMG – (1% Outlaw Motorcycle gangs)
- Dispatch Centre
- Police Act and role of the Police Commissioner
- Victim Services
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Crime Prevention through the continuity of Youth Development.